Gloucestershire Village and Community Agents bridge the gap between the local community and statutory and voluntary organisations able to offer help or support. They provide high quality information, promote access to a wide range of services, and identify unmet need in their communities.
The service is aimed primarily at the over 50s but also offers support to vulnerable people in the county.
Village and Community Agents offer an assisted signposting service by making direct contact with the agencies, statutory or voluntary, able to provide the service they need.
The Village Agent for Apperley and Deerhurst is Ann Vaughan
Tel: 07534 064169
In Gloucestershire last year thousands of people over 50:
* Had a free home safety check
* Received money that they did not realise they were entitled to
* Were helped to stay in their own home and not go into care
* Used a recommended organisation to carry out small home repairs
* Made new friends and began new leisure activities
They did it. Why don't you? Talk to your Village or Community Agent